Sunday, February 11, 2007

some updates



(Elliott)
Mom calls me and Michaela regularly (about 1 or 2 times day), so I'm pretty well updated.
They are now in their final stopping place in Guangzhou, where Mia will become a US citizen. Mom doesn't have access to internet,but she does hope to find SOMEWHERE with it before they get back, hopefully.
I have lost complete track of dates and everything... but some time in the past few days mom and dad spent about 2 hours filling out paperwork for Mia's Passport, Visa, and so on... The rest of the week will be pretty "uneventful" (yeah right). Mia has a doctor's appointment wednesday and their Consulate appointment is on Thursday. Mia is recovering slowly from her little sickness and will be better hopefully by the time they get back.
All of the babies have to be examined by the doctors and "pass" a medical test before they can come back. Pray that all of the children get better and stay well, if they don't pass that means that they have to stay long (blah).
Keep praying for our family and all of the other families as they reach the point were they are close to coming home. FINALLY!
This week is going to be a long one for a lot of people (especially me and Michaela).
Saturday at 4 p.m. their flight should arrive in New Orleans. Michaela, my grandmother, and I will be there with open arms.


**P.S. I forgot that Ethan had put some pictures up on "Facebook," and I had saved them.. so here they are..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elliott,
Thanks so much for keeping us posted. It's in my daily ritual to check the spot several times a day! I hope you are keeping Michaela occupied this weekend as I can imagine she is missing her mommy. Kylie can't wait to meet Mia. We are excited for all of you as I know you have waited so long for "Saturday." Email me when you get a chance at amys@harrisoncompany.com
Hope to see you soon and can't wait to get more pics of her.
Love you,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Elliott - You are most efficient! We have all enjoyed being a part of events as they unfolded. Sat. will be here before you know it! I would love to visit w you maybe spring break...am 'psyched' to hear ethans version of what transpired. Salutations to mike and katri via you from mark and me...Welcome HOME Mia - You are going to have a blast with your sister!!